Even though Lincoln is a small town in the United Kingdom, The city has an impressive historical legacy because plenty of Normans, Romans and Georgians added their singular cultural heritage to the city. The city is located in Lincolnshire, a big county in the east of England.
This county town has plenty of architectonical master pieces throughout the area; we can mention the Main cathedral
, the Lincoln Castle
, the Museum of Lincolnshire Life
and the amazing Doddington Halls
Reasons to visit Lincoln
Although the city of Lincoln it is not pretty popular, there are a lot of reasons to visit it, for example:
- Lincoln Cathedral, it is a magnificent england wonder that can be seen form far away. It has been built on a hill and it was considered as the tallest building in the world for almost 249 years. In this cathedral the movie Da Vinci Code was filmed as a replacement for Westminster Abbey. The entrance to this precious building is free but it is recommended to leave a tip.
- The Lincoln region is affected by a lot of wind; this means that it is the perfect place for windmills. If you go to the Sibsey Trader Windmill, you are going to be able to find the "Roll Royce of the Windmills". You just got to pay £2.50 to to climb it.
- Lincoln Bailgate Arena, although the city is cobbled you will be able to enjoy carriage rides. The area that is around the castle and the cathedral are full of tourists.
- You will also going to enjoy the boutiques and shops that are close to the area.
- Kinema in the Woods. It is close to Woodhall Spa; it is nowadays a cinema but it used to be a farm building.
is a quiet place that anyone would like to visit.
Academies to Improve Your English Pronunciation
These academies offer specialized curriculum in different levels in which people learn English gradually
; in the beginning they learn basic aspects such as English nouns, English numbers, greetings, and verbs. Over time, they learn other elements like articles, adverbs, adjectives and prepositions; with all these elements they are ready to learn grammar.
A good alternative to improve the pronunciation and listening skills can be to see videos and listen to music. If you choose videos you will find a variety of genres in which the pronunciation varies due to every English-country has its own accent, besides movies can use formal or informal grammar; for example, funny videos
use informal words called slang words that are used on informal occasions and their meaning are not in dictionaries.